We spend more time in our kitchens than in any other room in a house. It is time spent making delicious food for loved ones and entertaining family and friends, so it is no surprise kitchen renovations are in high demand. If you have spent hours dreaming up the perfect kitchen remodel, you may also wonder how much it will cost.
While the average kitchen remodel cost is around $22,000, your kitchen renovation cost depends on what aspects of your kitchen you want to change. Swapping out the backsplash and replacing hardware will not demand the same price tag as getting new countertops and cabinets.
Find out what your dream kitchen remodel will cost during a consultation with the interior remodeling contractors at Craftworks Construction.
If you live in the Atlanta metro area, including Cherokee, Cobb, Fulton, and areas of Dekalb, Gwinnett, and Paulding Counties, then Craftworks Construction is your best choice for interior remodeling. As a family-owned business in Atlanta, we work with you every step of the way, from consulting with a kitchen remodel cost estimator to the final seal on a granite countertop.
The most expensive changes you can make to your kitchen renovation are to your kitchen layout, countertops, and cabinets. While in small kitchens, you can expect to pay a lower average cost for these high-end projects; these projects generally cost the most.
- Creating a new kitchen layout: The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) reports that kitchen design is continuing to incorporate open floor plans. Creating an open floor plan typically requires wall removal and changes to the kitchen layout. The labor cost is high for such significant changes. Expanding your kitchen also includes high costs for extra kitchen flooring, but this depends on the size of the kitchen layout you choose. If you want to expand your kitchen, you may opt for coinciding house additions that ensure your home’s square footage can handle your larger kitchen.
- Islands and countertops: Building a large island as a cooking space and dining table adds to a kitchen remodel budget. You can save money with the countertop material you choose, as even replacing natural stone with engineered quartz results in significant savings.
- Replacing kitchen cabinets: Kitchen cabinets can account for up to 30% of the remodeling budget because so many are needed for storage in the kitchen. Intricate panels and hardware can increase the price.
If you are not looking to make drastic changes to your kitchen’s layout and countertops but still want to freshen its look, then go for mid-range renovations. A couple of popular mid-range kitchen remodeling options include adding storage solutions and new kitchen appliances.
- Add storage solutions: A step down from replacing all of your kitchen cabinets, adding storage space is a great way to increase the functionality of your kitchen. Current trends for kitchen cabinets include deep cabinetry and kitchen islands, with fewer above-the-counter cabinets.
- New kitchen appliances: New kitchen appliances are a great way to give your kitchen a fresh feel and add functionality. While new appliances can be expensive, they can also increase your kitchen’s energy efficiency, saving money in the long run.
Basic Kitchen Renovations
A new coat of paint and cabinetry hardware is great for those looking to dip their toes into home improvement with basic kitchen renovations. Plus, they are DIY-able, so labor costs are eliminated. Since labor costs can account for a large portion of kitchen remodeling, this is a huge money saver.
Trust Craftworks Construction With Your Kitchen Remodel
Whether you want a full-on custom kitchen or are thinking of how to remodel a kitchen on a budget, the professionals at Craftworks Construction can help.
Contact Craftwork Construction today for more information on how our design professionals can assist you with a kitchen remodel. We also do custom home builds, exterior renovations, bathroom remodeling, and other interior renovations.