A beautiful, well-designed bathroom can enhance your home’s style, functionality, and value. If you’re considering remodeling your bathroom, it is essential to know what factors will affect the cost of your home improvement project. Learn the cost of remodeling a small bathroom, so you know what to expect and can plan your budget accordingly.
Craftworks Construction offers top-quality custom bathroom renovation services in the Atlanta Metro area and can assist you from design to finish. Our experienced and highly-regarded team of construction professionals will work within your budget to bring your renovation vision to life.
What Factors Affect Bathroom Remodeling Cost?
According to Home Advisor, Atlanta is the 10th most expensive city for bathroom remodels, costing an average of $12,148. However, the cost to remodel a bathroom is highly variable and depends on four main factors.
On average, remodeling a bathroom costs $125 per square foot, so the larger the bathroom, the higher the renovation cost. Larger bathrooms also generally contain more fixtures. Each fixture you replace involves an additional cost.
Common types of bathrooms and their average number of fixtures include:
- Half bathroom: usually just a sink and toilet with 1-2 fixtures
- Full bathroom: generally has a sink, toilet, bathtub, and/or shower and requires 3-4 fixtures
- Primary bathroom: the master bathroom usually consists of a vanity area with two sinks, a toilet, and a bathtub or shower and needs 4-5 fixtures
- Deluxe bathroom: usually two sinks and extensive vanity area, toilet, extra-large shower, or shower and separate bathtub requiring 5 or more fixtures
It is cheaper to keep your bathroom’s existing infrastructure during a remodel. If you plan to increase your bathroom size, or convert a half bath to a full bath, expect to spend at least $5,000.
The cost of your bathroom renovation depends on the quality and price of the materials, fixtures, and finishes you include in your remodel. Finish level elements include the brands and models you choose for your fixtures like the sink and faucets, wall treatments, flooring choices, and vanity materials and fabrication. A higher finish level means higher bathroom remodel costs because you pay for better craftsmanship and brand recognition.
Consider the costs associated with the following range of finish levels and the average price of fixtures:
- Luxury finish: customized fixtures, highest-level craftsmanship, and expensive materials ($4,000-$22,000 or more)
- Mid-grade finish: balances material quality with cost efficiency, rarely includes customization ($1,500-$3,000)
- Budget finish: low cost is the priority, and materials are generally off-the-shelf, prefabricated items ($500-$2,000)
Scope of Remodel
The scope of your bathroom remodel depends on if you’re planning to gut the entire space or opting for a “rip and replace” solution.
- Rip and replace: this method entails replacing all your old fixtures and finishes while leaving the bathroom layout as is. This remodel is generally less invasive and time-consuming and can often be done with a single licensed general contractor.
- Gut renovation: a gut renovation strips your bathroom to the studs, allowing you to re-envision your space. Gut renovations often require electrical rewiring and plumbing rerouting. A licensed general contractor can help you acquire necessary permits ($175-$2,000), and an architect or interior designer can assist with the layout.
Interior bathroom demolition typically costs between $1,000-$2,300; however, prices are higher if you plan to move walls.
You should generally expect to spend 40-65% of your remodeling budget on labor. Most remodeling projects require a general contractor ($300-$400 per day) and an interior designer ($150-$500). Your bathroom renovation may need a plumber ($1,000-$2,000 total) or an electrician ($50-$100 per hour). Specific prices depend on your location and the extent of your remodel.
Craftworks Construction interior remodeling contractors provide top-quality design and construction services to assist in renovation projects across several Atlanta neighborhoods. Craftworks Construction works with you from design to finish to bring your renovation vision to life.
Craftworks Construction Remodel Services
People across the Metro Atlanta area trust Craftwork Construction to provide top-quality home building and remodeling solutions for projects of every budget. We offer cost-effective remodeling solutions so you can achieve your ideal space with a realistic budget for your financial situation.
Craftworks Construction builds and remodels homes in and around Atlanta and the surrounding areas. We serve homeowners in Cherokee, Cobb, Fulton, and portions of Dekalb, Gwinnett, and Paulding Counties. Call us for more information on bathroom and kitchen remodel costs or request a free consultation today.